Saturday, April 24, 2010

Gold Nuggy Days

This weekend is Gold Nugget Days up in Paradise. I wanted to go because there was going to be a jewelry booth there that I'd seen at the Home & Garden show in Chico. After breakfast and stopping for money we got up to town just after 10:00 am. I had Chris park on Almond so that we wouldn't have to give the Catholics any money to park and we'd be able to get out if we wanted to leave before the parade was over. There were so-so booths, but I finally found my jewelry booth at the next to last one we looked at, all the way up by Longs.
I settled on two necklace and earring sets. One brown one;
And a silver one;
Once I was done shopping we headed down the Skyway on the sidewalk keeping our eyes peeled for C. and the boys. She'd told me where she'd be close to parade time and sure enough we caught up with her around 11:00 am right where she said she'd be.
The boys were settle in their front row lawn chairs waiting for the parade to start.
Andrew was being especially bashful today and hiding from Uncle Chris and his annoying camera.
Right before the parade started, Chris and I ran up to the basketball court to grab some grub settling on the Rotary Club's burger booth as it had the smallest line. While waiting for my gardenburger we checked out the new fountains that were installed infront of the newly remodeled rec center.
Really cool. We took bets how long it would be until punk children would start stealing the blue rocks. After our tasty, freshly bbq'd lunch we were settled down and ready to get our parade on.
Here is a mini photo montage of the parade in all it's glory.

One of our favorites, high-schoolers dressed in old style basketball uniforms (short and tight) playing live music and hawking tickets for their sports fundraiser.
And the last float we stayed for before our butts completely fell asleep.
We left at about 1:15 pm and were able to easily sneak out of town off of Almond St. While we did have fun, my need to watch the parade has been fulfilled for at least the next ten years. And my need to co-mingle with the highly tattooed, scantily clad locals had been met for an even longer time.

No comments: