Sunday, April 18, 2010

Games and grub

New recipes and new board games were the name of the game this weekend. First up was a risotto with scallops, sun-dried tomatoes and arugula.
What made it really tasty was a little bit of finely grated pinky.
Operator error while using the microplane to grate fresh parmesan. Yowzers! Second recipe was a baked tuna pasta with veggies and a cheese sauce.
While we both liked it, it was time consuming because everything had to cooked before it was baked. I am not about spending hours and hours in the kitchen. I'm a 5 ingredient/30 minute girl. Thankfully the leftovers will be speedy in the microwave.

At bunko last week, one of the gals gave me her 20th Anniversary Trivial Pursuit (Ben) game. She said the questions were too new and they didn't know any of them. I had just assumed it was a recent release, but a few questions into the game and we realized that the year 2001 was a common theme in a lot of the questions. Looking at the box, we found out the game was actually from 2002. A year/time period neither one of us were particularly paying attention to the world.
Notice who's got all her pies?? Almost two hours later I took the game with the answer "The Big Lebowski". Yeah, I've still got it!

I spent a (very) little time in my craft room today and got started on my 2010 scrapbook album. My first layout was about my favorite bakery, The Upper Crust.
Mmmm.....warm coconut scones sound so good right now.

No comments: