Saturday, December 12, 2009

Adventures in Baking

Today was rainy, cold and dreary. That leads to two things; boredom and baking. The Canadian resorted to video games,
And I read old cooking magazines while I baked up a batch of brownies in the oven.
The brownies came out excellent. They're the Peppermint Cookies & Cream Brownies from the Baking Bites site that Jessica visits. They're basically brownies from scratch (i.e. lots of butter and chocolate) with chopped up peppermint oreos (from Trader Joe's) mixed in.
I put aside some for us and am taking the rest to work. Lord knows we don't need a whole 9x13 pan full (though Chris would disagree).

Since it never quit raining I made Chris brave the weather to check the mail. All for junk mail. Isn't that always the way!

I also spent a considerable amount of time locked away in my craft room pounding out our Christmas cards. I wanted them out in the mail on Monday which meant massive amounts of assembly this weekend, but I got it done.
Be on the lookout in your mailbox....

No comments: