Sunday, December 20, 2009

Professional Wrap Job

I can't believe I forgot to mention that I was actually treated to lunch by my baby sis on Friday after Mum called off our shopping/lunch date at the last minute due to a mysterious virus (Chris said she just doesn't like me). We went to Olive Garden for soup, salad and breadsticks and I actually had to capture this historic moment on film lest no one believed me.
Throwing down her plastic, just like a big girl. She's growing up so fast...*sniff, sniff*.

Today I made the last batch of cookies for our bible study exchange. They were Sugar & Spice Espresso Cookies. Instant espresso powder in the batter and in the sugar and spice sprinkling, each topped with a chocolate covered espresso bean. Buzz, buzz.
Then I spent the better part of the afternoon putting together gift bags of cookies (with the extras not needed for bible study) to pass out during the week. One for Susan, the 'rents, some co-workers, our janitor at work, Mom, Wilson, and my other daughter Raquel. I did manage to hold on to two or three of each kind for us, too.

In our church programs this morning there was a list of all the poinsettias in the sanctuary that had been purchased by congregation members in memory of someone.
I got one for Grandma. See, it's fourth from the bottom. When Christmas is over, they'll be donated to care homes.

While I was at church this morning Chris did his Christmas present wrapping. Can you guess which one he did?
I guess my mistake was leaving all the wrapping paper sitting on top of the Sunday paper on the couch. I can see how you'd get easily confused....??

No comments: