Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thwarted by the Mormons

On Thursday my co-worker, Wendy, gave me a printout with some information about a free exhibit her church was having over the weekend. Her church being.....wait for it....the Mormon church. It's called the Creche Festival and is an exhibit of over 1000 Nativity scenes. The part that sold me was that it was at the Mormon church down the street from me by Safeway on East Ave. Oh, and that it was free. Since we were heading up to Magalia this afternoon for a funeral service for my dear friend, and bunko buddy Mary, I asked Chris to leave a little early so we could stop and look at the nativities first. After carefully reading the handout for the days and times we headed over there at about 2:40 pm. I saw some handwritten signs up so that I knew we were at the right church. We parked and cautiously went inside the lobby where I asked the gentlemen standing around where the nativities were. They pointed to a set of closed double doors and said they thought there were in there. Without hesitation I started off for the doors to check out the exhibit. That's when I heard Chris say,"sweetheart".... "sweetheart".... "SWEETHEART". "What??" as I turned around. Apparently somebody else had whispered in a voice only audible to dogs that they thought the exhibit didn't start until 4:30 pm and the room was closed until then. What? Um, you're little announcement printout specifically said Sunday 1-7 pm which was two hours shorter than the other three days it was open. They totally lied. Lied, lied, lied, lied. They could tell there was a Canadian in their presence and wouldn't let us in. Bah! But I did sneak a photo in front of the building otherwise nobody would believe me when I said I went to a Mormon church.
I'm smiling on the outside, but shooting lightening bolts at their little exhibit on the inside.

No comments: