Friday, December 4, 2009

Santa's Little Wrapper

Wednesday was the blood drive in P-town at the Vet's hall. Last minute I decided to go over during my lunch. I think the temptation of the free holiday shirt was too much for me to pass up. My blood was so full of iron it sunk in the blink of an eye and tried to bust out the bottom of the jar. Thank you vitamin muffins I eat everyday (insert photo of me flexing my iron filled pythons).
Unfortunately the smallest size they brought was Large (??), but I refused to leave without my shirt, even if I have to belt it. We also got free Baskin Robbins coupons, like usual. I went and redeemed mine today for what else....daiquiri ice.

Even though it's my day off I convinced myself to get up relatively early at 8:00 am so that I could get crackin' on the grocery shopping and get a couple of errands done before the unclean masses descending upon me in their holiday shopping frenzy. I managed to stop at Old Navy, Target, Wally World, Cost Plus and CholoMaxx all before noon. I'm pretty impressed. I spent most of the afternoon wrapping presents. Ugh. After much deliberation and careful consideration I've come to the conclusion that I HATE wrapping presents. I can't cut a straight line of wrapping paper to save my life and I never seem to be able to find the tape dispenser once I've wrangled the paper into the perfect position. But once all is said and done I do like the festive way they hang out under the tree.
I'm cracking out one of my Cuisine cookbooks from Mum (translation: Cuisine=fancy) for dinner tonight. A spicy seafood pasta to go with today's beer, an IPA, which according to various websites goes well with seafood. Here's me crossing my fingers that I don't overcook the seafood!

No comments: