Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Countdown

This week was our Christmas potluck at work. Slightly downgraded from last year's catered lunch, but still delicious. I like potlucks because I like to try everybody's crazy recipes.

For my bible study we're doing a cookie exchange so I spent some time today making some of my cookies. We're only supposed to make 2 dozen of one kind, but I couldn't make up my mind so I'm bring 2 dozen of three different cookies. Today I made Chai Snickerdoodles and Chocolate Gingersnap cookies.
To pacify the Canadian, since I'm giving all these away, I made us our own batch of cookies. They're espresso shortbread cookies. They're topped with crushed chocolate covered espresso beans. You look like a dirty hobo after you eat them because they leave your teeth full of coffee sediment. Sexy.

The heater didn't have to come on today because I kept the house so toasty from all my kitchen escapades which felt great when we got back from our chilly winter walk where I managed to find, and walk through, the only piece of dog poo in the whole neighborhood.

Tomorrow is my Sunday to sing and I get to sing lots of Christmas songs. I'm dusting off my fancy oriental jacket from Jessica to sing and dance in. It's such a memorable piece that I can only wear it once or twice a year.

Time to go, the Canadian has suddenly discovered he's starving and must be fed. Burritos and Spanish rice here we come!

No comments: