Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas, Ceres Style

It has been wickedly cold all week with lows in the 20s and highs in the 40s. It makes it so hard to convince yourself to get out of bed in the morning when the thermostat reads like this:
And even though it's clear and sunny in the afternoon, it's only been maybe 40 degrees up in P-town. They even got snow on Monday while I was enjoying my day off at home. Brrr...

I went and got my hair trimmed up at Colleen's on Thursday and once I got north of Bille Rd there were still remnants of snow from Monday's storm all the way up to the driveway of the hairshop.

Since another storm was coming in last night it actually kept it "warm" enough to walk at 40 degrees. We've been meaning to get over to the cholo neighborhood down the street to see their Christmas splendor.
These are the same two houses that jointly decorate for Halloween, too.
Here I am in a long sleeve shirt, vest, fleece sweater, wool coat, leggings, jeans, two pairs of socks and of course a hat and scarf. I think I was waddling rather than walking with all those layers on.

Today I had the pleasure of grocery shopping in the rain. Who doesn't love that?! Thankfully I didn't fall in the parking lot while running in boots. One more stop later this afternoon to Safeway. An 8-piece fried chicken meal is the $5 Friday deal and the Canadian loves all things fried and meaty.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Fried chicken and beer! Can't get home soon enough...nom...nom...nom