Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Cookie Swap

Tonight was bible study at my house. I made a baked penne pasta with roasted veggies that was a huge hit. I think it was the melted fontina and smoked mozzarella cheese in it. Thank you, Giada, for a recipe winner. For dessert we had a Kahlua cream cheese pie from Marie Callenders that I got with mom's free pie coupon from work.
It was as good as it sounds and looks.

After the study we brought out our dozens and dozens of cookies and swapped all around. Lulu even made a special plate of nut-free cookies for Chris. How spoiled!
I ended up with quite a haul of goodies.
That's not even all of it. We made a separate plate for Chris to take to work to share and I pulled some out for the 'rents, too. Plus there's two bags full of the wafer cones and the brown butterflies (both Swedish cookies from Kari) and a baggie of caramel corn from Steve, Kari's husband. That's in addition to our keepers from my weekend baking. We need to arrange cookie exchanges more often!

No comments: