Sunday, February 28, 2010

Another weekend over

With all the good weather this weekend Chris spent most of his free time out in the garage tinkering on his newest automotive project while I stayed inside and scrapbooked. I thought I had more photos, but apparently I only had photos from Christmas.
I sent a new batch of photos to Wal-Fart to go pick up, I just haven't made it to that side of town yet.

The neighborhood is bursting with color from all the plum and tulip trees in bloom right now thanks to weeks of fabulous weather.
There's a ton of pink and white plum trees lining our street. I love this time of year.

Last night during our trip to CholoMaxx we treated ourselves to a little Mexican dessert of Tres Leches cake. The tres leches being sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, and heavy cream. I chose the chocolate cake over the vanilla because who wouldn't?
And don't worry Mom, every time we said it, we said it in French like that soap/candle person thought it was. Tre Lachey.

Tonight's dinner was a team effort with very little cursing and only one broken measuring cup in the process. We made a delicious Thai chicken curry. A creamy coconut/curry sauce with zucchini, red bell peppers, basil and chicken over a pile of jasmine rice.
The Canadian gobbled it right down and rubbed his Buddha belly in delight. I think that means it's a keeper.

1 comment:

Anni said...

recipe, please! :)