Monday, February 8, 2010

Cooties

Today was my first day back to work after a three week leave. While I have been anxious to get back to work (heaven forbid they figure out they can function without me), when the time actually arrived I was less than enthused. It's hard to avoid questions when you've been gone so long and I still walk with a noticeable hunch. Chris took me and helped me carry all my stuff in, got me set up in my work chair and did all the bending over to turn on my computer. It was easier than I thought it would be. My chair was actually really comfortable to sit in and it was easy to get up and down from. Everybody kept their eye on me and questioned the necessity of any trip I tried to make. I work with 50 moms so I wasn't getting away anything! My day was pretty uneventful except for getting stuck in the bathroom because the door was so heavy I couldn't open it to get out. The next time I took a potty buddy to stand guard for me. I worked until 2:00 pm and then called it quits. Pam came and picked me up and took me home. My tummy was fine, but my back was killing me from hunching over so much. I was also anxious to get home and take the Benadryl I'd found in my desk. I'm hoping it'll help with the hives I broke out with yesterday which just multiplied over night.
That's the tops of my thighs. I knew you wouldn't believe me unless I showed you! I see the doctor on Wednesday so I'll point them out if the Benadryl doesn't work by then, though I'm sure he'll just tell me to quit taking pain pills. Last time I had hives from a medication it didn't happen for about 2 weeks after I'd been taking them making it difficult for me to figure out the source, but the pharmacist just said that sometimes it takes that long for the drugs to make it all throughout your body. As long as I don't start itching any of the bumps I'm good. Ahhh....I'm starting to feel drowsy which means the Benadryl is kicking in....zzzzz...zzzzzzzzz

No comments: