Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Drain Free!

Monday night I went to Hartman's House of Hair to get a wash and style since I had an appt with the doctor Tuesday morning and didn't necessarily want to wear the cockatoo hair I've been sporting.
Hmmm....maybe he shouldn't quit his day job.

Doctor appointment went well. I once again tried to faint the second the doctor took my girdle off and tried to touch my drain. He hadn't even touched anything before I had to be put in the chair and tilted back to get the blood back to my head. That's the only way to get a cup of water with a straw around that joint! He took my drain out and then gave me the bad news...I still had to wait 24 hours to shower (uuugh) and I needed to take it easy for 2 days while the drain site heals so that it doesn't accumulate fluids. This was of course after I told the girls to come over for bible study, I was totally fine to make dinner. Oye!

We talked about girdles when it became obvious they weren't rushing around to give me a new one. Apparently it's our job to get a new one, they just suggested what kind to get. So, Thursday night, after I'm cleared to start kickin' ass again, we're going to Kohl's to look at their "shapewear". I need a pair of chonies that have a built-in tummy shaper that goes up as high as I can find. Or....I can keep wearing this ridiculous one because you never know when you're going to get challenged to an impromptu sumo-wrestling fight (that's what it looks like).

Shuffling around the house the other day I took notice of the current state of the bedroom. I've been sleeping on the couch for the last two weeks and wearing the same clothes so I haven't really wandered back there in a while. It has slowly turned into some kind of bachelor/frat room.
Power tools, cleaners and gloves hanging out together for a man party. Not exactly my decorating scheme.

Just talked to Mum, she's coming over this afternoon to help me wash my hair, make dessert and run to Papa Murphy's to get me a pizza for tonight. Until then, I'm just going to sit and relax...per the doctor's orders.

No comments: