Saturday, February 13, 2010

Date Night

I finally talked the Mr. into letting me take him out to dinner, a rare occurrence for us. It was the least he deserved for having taken care of me for the last couple of weeks. I let him pick the restaurant and he chose Outback where he had his eye on some prime rib. We tried to be smart and beat the crowds by leaving home at 4:30 pm, but once we arrived we were informed that there were 15-20 minute waits. Our other option was to skip the wait and sit in the bar, which is exactly what we did. However, after sitting in our booth for about 10 minutes we still hadn't been approached by any of the wait staff even though they had stopped to help multiple couples who had sat down after us. Frustrated, and miffed, we got up and left. Screw them and their bloomin' onions! Weighing our options, we decided to cross the parking lot and try Logan's. It was a complete 180. Absolutely no wait, our drinks were brought immediately and we were quickly served the hot yeast rolls to tide us over until dinner was served.
A pomegranate daiquiri, which I expected to be much sweeter, to celebrate being off my pain pills. For dinner we ordered the Valentine's Day special. Two 12 oz prime ribs, loaded baked potatoes and salads.
I'd never normally order prime rib for dinner, but the meal was fabulous. It was exactly what we wanted. We each had at least half our meat left over which we saved for some delicious leftovers tomorrow. We even managed to fit the last two yeast rolls in our to-go container.

To cap off our evening we headed over to Barnes and Noble for a little coffee and magazines. I haven't been able to keep up with all the rag-mags for the last three weeks and heaven forbid I miss a celebrity breakup or the latest Twilight news. Chris was able to find a copy of the newest issue of Road Racing World which published his article about his trip to Macau with his friend Craig (who provided photos for the article).
Since we didn't get a copy of the magazine in the mail, like all of Chris' other publishers have done, we had to buy a copy there. But don't worry, I had a 15% off coupon!

Now we're both showered and relaxing on the couch watching a little short track speed skating. Go Apolo!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm with you...screw Outback! Last time we ate there, I got food poisoning from their "complementary" cheesecake. Rick has had some pretty bad steak there too....and I like the bread better at Logan's anyway.

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susana & Chris said...

Amen! I'd only been there once and I didn't have any good memories of it, but it was the Canadian's choice. You would have loved the rolls, they were fresh out of the oven, piping hot and glazed in melted butter. Thank you Jesus for leftovers!

Craig said...

I only took half the photos, albeit the good ones.