Friday, February 5, 2010

Triumph and disappointment

I was determined today to suck up my grimace face and get off my butt, no matter how sore I am. My left side is swollen and sore and my hip hurts when I move my left leg in a walking motion, but never the less I wandered into my craft room for the first time and got myself down on the floor to go through my paper supply for a halloween layout. After some initial squirming I got myself comfortable in my office chair in an upright position and got busy. It was slow and frustrating every time I forgot something and had to get up and down off the floor, but I finished something!
I completely stole the layout, but it speeds up the process and I can get something accomplished.

Feeling productive, next I went into the bedroom and tried to put on a pair of pants by myself. While I could get them on myself, my legs are so swollen (or so I hope) that I can't get my pants up past the tops of my thighs. The surgery has completely restructured the shape of my upper thighs (from the pulling up of my abdomen) and I feared it would affect how my pants fit. A little disappointing, but it'll soon be fixed so I'm not going to fret over it......for too long.

No comments: