Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Not Paella

Now that my energy is returning I felt ready to tackle something a little more complicated than hot dogs for dinner. After searching on Food Network's website I found a recipe for Arroz con Pollo from Simply Delicioso. The green olives in it are what sold me. We are green olive junkies. After buying all the ingredients during the last shopping trip, I've repeatedly referred to the meal as paella all the way up until I was half way through preparing it. Once I corrected myself, the Canadian quit wrinkling his nose at me and started looking forward to it. It came out very tasty and there was enough to feed a small army.
It's got a red-ish hue from the large amount of ketchup in the recipe. Sounds weird, but the slight sweetness balanced out the briny olives.

Today was my first full day at work and let me tell you, it was so much nicer when I was still on drugs. That's when life was good and nobody irked me. Now that my rosy, Darvocet filled glasses are off I remember every little annoying quality about that place. Thankfully I only have to stay sober for three days this week.

Other big news you ask? I took a shower on my own tonight. Not only am I excited, but I know my co-workers will be appreciative. Now I just need to work on paring the whole process down from 45 minutes to about 20 so I can shower in the morning and still make it in to work before noon.

Alright, enough playing on the computer, I need to do my bible study for tomorrow night....right after I watch the men's figure skating.

1 comment:

sean said...

I had a martini Friday night that had two giant olives hand-stuffed with some sort of crazy cheese AND SAUSAGE! Those olives were glorious.