Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

My valentine and I traded small tokens of affection this morning.
Cupid brought me some peanut butter and almond M&Ms while Chris was surprised with two new Sierra Nevada hop glasses (to replace the one that broke last week) filled with skittles. A lemon tart also mysteriously showed up in our fridge for our snacking delight.

Shortly after I got back from church this morning the 'rents came over so that Mum could prune our roses and they could update us on the latest news in their lives.
She assures us that the roses won't attack the cars in the driveway now. Their big news is that when their condo lease is up in April they're moving back to their house in Medford. It's ultimately not what they wanted, or planned, but they need to go up and lend a hand with their old business they sold to Mr. A.'s son and pick up some new clients for Mr. A and his illustrating. One positive thing is that once again we'll have somewhere to go visit, but I'll be sad to see them go.

Most of the rest of the day we've spent in front of the TV. The Daytona 500 was on from about 9:00 am until around 4:00 pm (because of problems with the track) and we switched back and forth with the Olympics. Since the weather was once again so nice today, in the mid 60s, we did manage to sneak in a nice long walk around the block. The longest I've been on yet. And even better, I was able to wear a pair of sweat pants Kari had bought me for some post-surgery lounging. They had a drawstring waist so I was able to keep them really, really loose around my stomach. What a special treat to wear some pants!

Since we went out to dinner last night, and had the leftovers for lunch today, we didn't do anything special for Valentine's dinner, but my sweetheart did take care of all the cooking duties and served me a tasty bowl of meaty spaghetti.

Tomorrow is a holiday for me (President's Day), but because Chris' work hates America he has to work. Government work is great if you can get it! I've got some cooking shows DVR'd and I have some errands in town to take care of - namely picking up some more itch cream. I'm sure my family remembers how sensitive my skin is and how little things like band-aids and elastic make me want to scratch myself to the bone. Well that's what's happening with the little strips of tape covering all of my stitches and with the elastic in my compression garment. I just want to cry I want to scratch so bad. Chris is going to go hoarse yelling at me to 'stop it' every time he catches me. He's such a party pooper!

No comments: