Sunday, February 7, 2010

Something else for me to kill

When the girls had come over on Wednesday for bible study, Kari brought me a get well card signed by my co-workers and an orchid. The instructions appear to be so easy; let get completely dry before watering (about once a month), that I'm sure to screw it up.
That bottom cluster of flowers was actually originally located at the top of the stalk, but apparently broke off during the trip from work to my house so we just shoved the root in the soil to see if it'll take. I at least put it in the window so it could enjoy a little occasional sunshine. I give it two months, tops.

Today was super sunny Sunday with temps reaching 60 degrees at our house. Before parking ourselves for 4 hours of super bowl mega action, Chris talked me into taking a walk around the block.
I've been doing a lot of walking the last couple of days trying to build up my stamina to take on a full day of work. Tomorrow is my first day back in three weeks and in anticipation I woke up this morning covered in hives. As if I wasn't have enough fun....

No comments: