Friday, March 26, 2010

Bait and switch

While out running errands after my lab work this morning I got a call from Wilson who was headed over to the car dealership in Chico to get her runaway Toyota fixed. Since it was almost 11:00 am we made plans for me to go pick her up and have lunch together. I took her downtown where we got some coffee at Peet's and went across the street to Upper Crust for lunch. She got some kind of roasted veggie and chicken sandwich and I got a turkey and chipotle chutney sandwich.
After confusing her with my lunchtime generosity I kidnapped her for my true diabolical plan of grocery shopping. It was supposed to be my first trip by myself, hoping that I was healed enough to lift the grocery bags by myself, but instead I had free slave labor at my disposal. Too good to pass up!
Look how excited she is to be my shopping gopher! Unfortunately, before I could drag her to Trader Joe's, the dealership called to come pick Sasha up. So on my way home I slowed down on East Ave and told her to roll out. Her parting threat was to maybe stop by tomorrow with my other daughter, Raquel.

No comments: