Saturday, March 20, 2010

Home & Garden Show

Mom, Chris and I decided to go the Soroptimist Home, Garden & Antique Show at the fairgrounds this morning. They opened at 10:00 am and we arrived there shortly thereafter. There was a building of antiques, a food building, commercial (business) building, and the "marketplace" which was just different gift vendors. The antiques building was first up on our tour.
Mom and Chris deciding if we should get a painting of dogs peeing on a wall or two cats grooming themselves. Hey, I never said they were good antiques.

On the way to the food building were garden and nursery suppliers that caught Mom's eye.
I loved the food building (though waaay too crowded to get any photos). It was local vendors selling oils, nuts, fruits, spices and other food products. We scored two bags of flavored nuts from a Chico almond orchard.
Mom got some too, plus some Almond butter. Yum!

The commercial building was just a lot of businesses selling their services. Yawn..... Oh, except that we ran into Big Bryan and Kathy that used to live next door to us on Scottwood. Hugs and 'hi's'.

Besides the food building I also like the marketplace. There was a jewelry vendor that had super affordable metal and glass necklaces that were beautiful, but they didn't have a credit card sign up and I didn't have enough cash. Sad Susan. But I did find their website and saw that they'll be at Gold Nuggy Days next month so I can save up my pennies to buy one of everything!

In one of the outdoor exhibits we found some lawn ornaments that would be perfect in our front courtyard.
Except that I suspect they'd get stolen faster than my Halloween pumpkin!

No comments: