Wednesday, March 17, 2010

No pinching around here

Since I had a sit down meeting with a project applicant today I decided to skip my traditional shamrock t-shirt and wear something a little nicer. The closest dress I had to green (that I hadn't worn yet this month) was really teal, but close enough in my opinion. My co-workers proved me proud and wore their holiday finest, too.
I'm the tiny leprechaun in the middle.

As part of our festivities we planned for a potluck today, too. Curtis, or rather his wife, was on scone duty. Today it was mint chocolate chip flavor.
We also had dips and chips, corned beef and cabbage, Irish cream pound cake (my contribution), split pea soup, a sandwich setup of rolls, shredded corned beef and coleslaw, cheesecake and deviled eggs. I made sure to dabble in a little of everything.
Even our mailman got in the spirit.

Tonight was b.s. at our house so for our dessert I kept it in the holiday spirit with a lime jello poke cake topped with creme de menthe whipped topping. Mint and lime, just like a mojito.
I sent some with Chris today to share with his co-worker, and I brought some for our IT guy at work who is also a dessert fan. Both to rave reviews. Well worth the three hours I spent baking last night.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That dress doesn't count. I think I'll send Tyler over to take care of the pinching. The poke cake looks good and the pound cake sounds yummy. Mmmmm, I wish we made something a little fancier than rice krispy treats.