Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I dedicate this blog to Pumpkin

Last night was the season opening 2-hr extravaganza known as Dancing with the Stars. Since there were actually people resembling real celebrities this year we decided to give it another try. Sometimes I wonder if any of the contestants have watched previous seasons because right out of the gate celebrities were dedicating their dances to people special to them. Don't they know that dedicating dances is the kiss of death?? Everytime somebody has dedicated a dance in a previous season they've been promptly shown the door by an unimpressed America. So I'd like to dedicate my blog to Pumpkin so that others can learn from my impending demise....

We had a special guest over tonight, Mr. A. He was in town to teach the 'rents' last dance class and grab another load of loot from the lake house. Since their place probably isn't stocked with fine foods and wines in the midst of their move, we invited him over for dinner. I made some homemade minestrone soup and a casear salad with some warmed sourdough bread. Tasty and easy. After dinner the boys retired to the man cave to talk about manly things like engines, guns and college girls.

I hung out inside putting away dinner dishes and changing into my walking clothes, during which I noticed that more bandages on my stomach had come off revealing my newly engineered belly button.
As you can see, there's still a couple of more bandages around the incision intersection, but other than that I'm well on my way to recovery.

While I didn't get any photos of my minestrone tonight, I did snap a shot of last night's pesto pasta with broccoli, salmon and roasted red bell pepper. So delicious, though my tummy was righteously unhappy this morning about trying to digest it.

Once the boys are done chatting and tinkering I think it's walking time. It's almost 8:30 pm and it's still 65 degrees out. Nice.

No comments: