Monday, March 15, 2010

Collect them all

Even though the cookie fairy graciously left four boxes of Girl Scout cookies at our doorstep, I was suckered into another box from the girls infront of Safeway yesterday.
Soon I'll have one of every flavor.

Even though today was a Monday, there were a couple of highlights. First, I was able to buy a fresh loaf of sourdough bread for $3.00 from my co-worker, Sherry, because she had another baking class this last weekend (the one I took Mum to last year). We cut into it as soon as I got home. So delicious slightly warmed with butter.
While we snacked on buttered bread we filled out our Census 2010 form that came in the mail today. We want to make sure that they count every man, woman and damn dirty Canadian.
And we tried a new recipe out of Sunset magazine that was a big winner. Turkey smoked sausage, white beans, and spinach in a diced tomato sauce over rice.
We topped off our evening with a nice long walk around the block. Now we're each on our own side of the couch with our respective laptops open on our laps. If I need anything, I'll just email him. Lord knows we don't want to spend the evening talking to each other!

No comments: