Friday, March 12, 2010

Cookin' and Craftin'

Much to my annoyance I once again couldn't sleep in this morning because my incision was hurting so bad. I keep rolling on to my side in my sleep which hurts my abdominal muscles since they're not healed yet. I'd stop if I even knew I was doing it. Anyway, I was up at 7:30 am and out running errands by 9:00 am. Of course it started raining as soon I left home, but surprisingly I didn't melt even though I'm made of pure sugar. I finally, a week later, went to Wal-Fart and picked up my photos to finish my 2009 scrapbook. Since the scrapbook store in the Almond Orchard closed last month (went exclusively online) I now only have mediocre Michael's and the store up in P-town. The one good thing about the store closing is that it's forcing me to use up my existing vast supplies of paper. Using some old paper and a layout from a scrapbook magazine, I put together a layout for Chris' 35th birthday.
We've been trying some more recipes out of my new cookbook and loving everyone. First was a roasted veggie, bean and pesto pasta.
Then we tried a scallop stir fry with a honey-ginger sauce.
And even my latest Rachael Ray magazine had a recipe keeping with the theme. It was shrimp over coconut rice.
Lastly we made a chicken and couscous dinner with North African spices, namely cinnamon.
All were delicious and full of leftovers. No new recipes this weekend though, it's time for tried and true corned beef and cabbage. Chris has already been doing an Irish jig in the anticipation of.
And no, it's not pretty.

No comments: