Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday frivolities

As a treat to myself for making it through the week without giving anybody 'the bird', I let myself sleep in an extra half an hour this morning and caught breakfast at my favorite early morning bakery;
I had a lemon poppy seed scone fresh from the oven. Chomp, chomp, chomp.

After work I went and visited Susan for a little bit. She'd come to see me the day before at work, but I was just heading to a meeting so I had to kick her to the curb. After my visit I was starving so I had some lunch at Wilson's old stomping grounds, Mountain Mikes, before heading over to the movie theater to use my free movie pass from giving blood on Wednesday. I went and saw Salt with Angelina Jolie. We'd talked about going to see it, but Chris also wanted to see Inception and The Expendables (coming out next Friday) so I was starting to doubt we'd be able to squeeze it in together so I ditched him and went by myself (I love you, honey!). All the hard core action and stunts reminding me of my own life. It was like watching a documentary.

Before leaving town I stopped at the Post Office to pick up some new stamps and found the most awesome, cutest, non-retarded stamps ever;
They're called 'Sunday Funnies' and have Beetle Bailey, Calvin & Hobbes, Archie (my favorite), Garfield and Dennis the Menace. These have got to be some of my all time favorite stamps. Get out and get some before they're all gone!

3 comments:

Lisa Dovichi said...

I feel deceived. There is absolutely no mention of cleaning anywhere and you clearly said you'd be cleaning on Friday.

Liar.

:P

Susana & Chris said...

Yeah....it didn't quite work out that way.

Lisa Dovichi said...

Well then it's a good thing I didn't have you come here to clean and change diapers. :P