Monday, August 30, 2010

New signs

Last night I got started on the new signs for the coffee room to distinguish our two coffee pots for the discerning coffee drinkers at work. After the first layer of glue and sealant dried, I got busy this evening decorating the signs. I'm happy with the final result, I've just got to wait for the hanging twine to dry that I glued to the backside.
The background paper has been modge-podged to a thin piece of wood I got at Michaels so it's got some strength. While I was getting crafty with myself, Chris was taking care of our kabobs for dinner. Some seasoned shrimp, pineapple, red onion, and mushrooms.
Other than the fact that the onions needed more time on the grill to be edible, they were tasty-la-roos. I love bbq season!

So, let me tell you a little story about yesterday. Yesterday was my singing day at church and while up on stage getting ready to sing a song one of my co-singers, Al, started leaning into me and then passed out against me. I tried to catch him, but he his dead weight was too much and we both fell to the floor. I gave myself a nice rug burn on my knee, but today my thighs are so ridiculously sore and stiff. I must have been trying to support him with sheer leg strength. I took some Aleve this morning which took the pain away, but my left leg is still really stiff and I'm walking with a limp today. Next time I'll know to just step aside.

2 comments:

Lisa Dovichi said...

Mmmm Kabobs.. practically the perfect food.

Those signs are really pretty cool, Mrs. Artsy Fartsy. Wanna makes signs for the boys to hang on their door? :D

By the way: thanks so much for the Baja Fish Taco recipe. While I didn't use it completely I did put the seasonings on tilapia and it turned out great! :D

kath said...

Great signs...even your half-awake co-workers should be able to get the right stuff now!