Sunday, August 1, 2010

Bananarama

No world traveling or races for us this weekend. Just some down time at home playing with motorcycles and reading. The only outing I had yesterday was to the mall in the morning to return the tank top I'd bought Friday that was too long in the neckline. But instead they made up some dumb rule that I couldn't trade the shirt for another equally priced item since I'd used a coupon on the purchase. I clarified that had I bought the placement item (a purse) on Friday the coupon would have applied thereby making it the same sale price as the tank top, right? Right, but they wouldn't apply the coupon to the trade item, only to the original. So I just kept the damn shirt, but not before making a snide comment about just having to give it away because as I'd told them, it didn't fit. Sometimes the lack of common sense befuddles me.

After a long morning at church today (I filled in for the music director during second service and had to count money after church) I came home and prepared to make a chocolate chocolate chip banana bread loaf from an online recipe. I've been saving, or rather I've been too lazy to throw away, three very ripe bananas that were screaming to be put in some sort of baked goods. So out came the Kitchen Aid and a counter top full of ingredients.
Exactly 78 minutes later, out came a loaf of chocolate love;
Like the cupcakes I made last weekend, I only intend to hold on to a couple of pieces and then shuffle the rest into the hungry mouths of my co-workers. I did eat the end piece and was very happy with the final product. Because my piece had so much 'crust' it wasn't a moist as I image an inside cut would be, but I'm sure it won't go to waste. I want Chris to finish playing with his motorcycle on the living room floor so he can try his piece and sing it's praises!

2 comments:

kath said...

Take your top to the tailoring lady. That's a simple fix...she'll just hike up the straps and charge you maybe $12. It might be worth it...

Lisa Dovichi said...

I have bananas dying a slow brown death on my counter too. I popped on in the peach sorbet I made this afternoon and the other 2 I'll either give a garbage burial too or maybe some banana pecan muffins.