Saturday, August 7, 2010

Trail master

Much to my joy, Chris was able to piece together a motorcycle in time to participate in this weekend's trials event somewhere in the boones between Grass Valley and Truckee. It basically involves driving around "courses" in the woods going over rocks and other obstacles while trying not to put a foot down. This was like heaven to me given my deep seated love for dirt, motorcycles and exhaust fumes (dear Jesus, please don't smite me with lightening for typing a bold faced lie). But I was there to support the old man, so I trudged hill after hill to bring him water and get photos.
The best part of the day?
Sitting in the shade of the truck, enjoying the breeze and eating. The rest of the time I spent collecting inches and inches of that crappy, powdery dirt all over my person and in my shoes. I literally looked like Pig Pen when we left. Oh, did I mention 'port-a-potties'?? But, to the event's credit, they were the nicest bunch of riders ever. They were very friendly and helpful with all of our questions. Even the little 7 year olds that were kicking Chris' butt!

1 comment:

Lisa Dovichi said...

You know you're not supposed to eat the baggy, right?