Sunday, January 31, 2010

Outdoor Adventure

After a convincing sales pitch from Chris, I was talked into going outside for the first time in two weeks for a walk. Going anywhere, even the couch, requires a little prep time every morning to get myself gussied up for the day.
That's some pretty sweet bed head. Nothing a wet comb, some baby wipes and a wash cloth can't handle. In no time I was dressed (very carefully in pants) and ready to rumble.
I shuffled, very slowly, slightly hunched over holding my drain ball in my hands through my pockets while we walked around the cul-de-sac and down the street to the stop sign and back. I was pooped when we got back, but it felt great to be out in the 60 degree sunshine. Afterwards I spent most of the rest of the day relaxing. Too much activity in one day makes me stiff and cranky the next. Instead, we watched a four hour Lifetime Movie Network movie called Maneater (seriously) and ate the rest of my little cherry tartlets I'd made a couple days ago.
Never too sick or broken to make baked goodies!

Once we finish watching the Bourne Ultimatum (for the hundredth time), we'll catch a little of the Grammy's. Chris is back to work tomorrow and I'm on my own this week. I've been healing great this weekend so I fully expect the go ahead from the doc's office tomorrow to come in this week and get my last drain out. Then I can shuffle myself anywhere I want!! Straight to my own bed for starters....

No comments: