Friday, September 3, 2010

An afternoon on the lake

I spent my Friday afternoon on Lake Oroville with some co-workers on a patio boat. My friend Dina, and her husband Don, just bought a new patio boat and she was kind enough to put together a girls day for a little lake time.
Our captain Dina (in pink) and our friend Kari checking out the sites on the lake.
All of us brought a little something to snack on. I grabbed some spicy hummus, pita chips and sliced carrots and celery from Trader Joe's. We also had a block of smoked gouda, dill havarti, and crackers. Just a little something to absorb all the booze!
Me, Kari and our co-worker, Sheila trying to avoid any dead bodies in the super murky depths of Lake Oroville. Oh, you know they're in there!
Sheila and I catching some rays towards the end of our afternoon.
Cleaning up our mess so that we're invited back again. We had a blast and were glad we could get together before boating season was over. I drove so that the other ladies could drink, so once we were packed up I squeezed them all into my clown car and hauled them back up to p-town.

That was just the end to a busy week. Chris had a work associate, Chris, in town Tuesday and Thursday night so we went out to Sierra Nevada and then to The Graduate for dinner. That's more times then we usually go out to dinner all year. At least this time dinner at Sierra Nevada was tasty. I have the worse luck there, but this time I picked a special that was roasted veggies with whole wheat penne pasta covered in marinara sauce and melted mozzarella. I ate it all up. Chomp, chomp, chomp.

Tomorrow I'm going back up to town for a co-worker's baptism at the SDA (Seventh Day Adventist) church. The service is thankfully at 11:00 am so I don't have to wake up at the butt crack of dawn. Afterwards I'm stopping at a friends house to drop off some gift tags. She was inspired by my gift extravaganza for my sister's 30th birthday last year where I put together 30 small gifts to open all the way up to her birthday. My friend's daughter is turning 40 next month, but of course she waited too long to do 40 gifts so she's going to do 30 instead. Once she went out and started buying gifts she quickly got overwhelmed with the enormity of the project. I never told her it was easy, but I did offer to make the gift bag labels since we're down to crunch time to get the gift bags done in time. I had another co-worker who tried to do the same thing for his wife's 30th birthday but after buying about 10 gifts he gave up. Wimps!

No comments: