Friday, February 11, 2011

Foot Therapy

I had my first appointment with Enloe's lymphedema clinic Thursday morning to examine my fatty foot and ankle. The nice therapist lady poked and measured and determined that indeed, my right foot and calf are larger than my left. The edema seems to be mainly in my foot so through a couple of weeks of scheduled therapy sessions we're going to try to get everything back to normal. Starting on the 22nd I'll go back three times a week for her to wrap my foot and calf in bandages over which I'll be wearing a big-ass cast boot. The point of which is to dissipate the swelling and then fit me for a thigh-high compression stocking to wear until the swelling stops. She'll also be doing massage on my foot and teaching me how to do it myself in case this turns out to be a chronic issue I'll have to deal with for the rest of my life. Unfortunately she explained that there's a chance that some of my lymph nodes were inadvertently removed during surgery and the swelling could be permanent. I truly think it'll get better so I'm not too worried about it.

Other big excitement for the week was winning the least wins at bunko Wednesday night. It scored me a soft and cuddly polka dot blanket.
Next month is my turn to host so I've $60 burning a hole in my pocket for my party gifts. I should go out and get those before I'm trying to hobble around in a cast boot. And shamrock stickers for our score cards are a must!

No comments: