Monday, February 21, 2011

Small town celebrity

Don't hold it against us, but we've been intermittently watching The Bachelor this season because a local girl from Chico is on it. She's part of the Newton-Bracewell families that own the funeral home in town and tonight was when The Bachelor, Brad, was visiting the hometowns and families of the final four girls. After Brad met her at the family mausoleum, they drove through downtown on the way to her folks' house.
He seemed seriously creeped out by her job as an embalmer and her family was quite distressed at the idea of her moving to Austin if he proposes since she was set to take over the family business. He didn't seemed as thrilled to visit her family as he was others, so I don't think the dad has to worry.

I didn't have to work today because it was a holiday, but Chris did so I spent my time at home working on church stuff. I have to go to the leadership meeting next Monday night so I need to get some end of year reports together.

Yesterday I went up to P-town to C.'s for a meeting of her close friends regarding her missionary training. She made us lunch and then gave us a thorough review of all the training they've been doing and what's next before they leave for North Carolina in July for the rest of the training until the end of the year. They'll come home for Christmas and then, assuming they have all the pledged funding in place, will ship out for Papua New Guinea in January for a 4 year stint. It's already almost March, so she'll be packing up to leave in no time. I try not to think about it because it makes me sad even though I'm sure she'll be having the time of her life.

No comments: