Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine truffles

Since tomorrow is Valentine's Day I made some Valentine treats to take to work tomorrow. A couple of weeks ago this recipe caught my attention and I saved it for just this occasion. First I combined natural chunky peanut butter with some butter, melted butterscotch chips, sugar, salt and chow mein noodles. Then I rolled them into little balls and placed them in the freezer on a cookie sheet for about 40 minutes. While they froze I chopped up some bittersweet chocolate to melt for the coating.
After the truffles were rolled in chocolate they were placed back in the fridge to harden while we ran off to Oroville for lunch. Unfortunately, it wasn't until I was putting them in the fridge that I realized I'd forgotten to put on the heart shaped candy toppings I'd bought. And by then, most of the chocolate had hardened too much to stick them on. Grrrrr!!!!
The Canadian did a quality control test and declared them deliciously edible. I wish I'd rolled them a bit smaller so they fit in the mini cupcake liners better, but I don't think that'll stop people from eating them!

No comments: