Friday, January 22, 2010

Gifts, gifts and more gifts...

Apparently today is my third day of recovery, though my internal clock is a day off since I completely slept though Wednesday except the handful of people I allegedly called and talked to. Why would anyone give a drugged patient a phone?

Friday is grocery shopping day so Mum came over to babysit me while Chris ran over to CholoMaxx and Trader Joe's with a shopping list in hand. Mum even brought me some flowers to brighten my mood.

My other visitor for the day was my co-worker Joanna who brought us some kind of mexican casserole, with chips, cheese and sour cream to dress it up with. It was yummy and so nice to not have Chris make dinner since he's been having to take care of me every waking moment.
I used my chips to scoop it up, kind of like Taco Flats from when were kids. And yesterday one of the gals from the Fire Prevention Dept brought me a big bowl of homemade turkey noodles soup that was delicious too.

Today has been my best day so far, not so many feelings of agonizing pain while getting on and off of the couch, which has also been my bed since Wednesday. I'm still getting in trouble though when I try to tidy up or pick up anything off the floor. Dr. Hartman tells me to stop and get back in my cage. This weekend we're going to take off the girdle and let the incision get a little air, per the doctor's instructions. Then on Monday I get a new, small girdle and my drainage tubes are coming out which means I can shower. Woo hoo!

No comments: