Saturday, January 16, 2010

Won Ton Fuey

The Canadian has been asking to make a homemade won ton soup, so tonight I told him to put his money where his mouth is. Without a recipe, he got all his ingredients together and proceeded to mix a bowl full of ground pork and a secret blend of eleven herbs and spices. Before filling the wrappers, he outlined each one with water.
Next, he starting filling won ton wrappers.
After the filling, the wrappers were folded over and crimped closed.
After simmering away in a tasty broth garnished with carrots, celery, shrimp and mushrooms for about 20-25 minutes, Chris scooped us up some steaming hot bowls of awesomeness.
So delicious and incredibly filling. In fact, I had to take a nap afterwards. I think he's just brushing off his cooking skills for the next week or two that he has to take over all kitchen duties. After this meal, I'm pretty sure I'm in good hands.

No comments: