Friday, January 15, 2010

His and Hers

Since our computer has caught the internet herp, again, Chris spent some time getting our old laptop put back together so that we have a backup laptop while we perform CPR on our new one. But currently we're using both of them so that we don't have to spend any time talking to each other. Thank God!
We had a special food treat this week. My co-worker Chris, our town's Fire Marshal, just finished making homemade pork tamales with his wife, who's Mexican, and brought some to me. Chris got home early from work last night so he had them ready by the time I got home.

I spent this morning up in Paradise for Sarah's grandpa's funeral at Craig Memorial. It was nice to spend a little time with Sarah, David and Poppy, although not under the best circumstances. It was a nice service and the organist play "Dream the Impossible Dream" from Man of La Mancha which grandpa used to bug Sarah to sing all the time back in the day. Even though I haven't seen the grannies in a couple of years, I was crying like a baby at the service. I've known them for over 15 years and spent a lot of time with them in high school so I'll miss grandpa and all his craziness. "Head full of crazy" like Poppy said.

No comments: