Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It's the final countdown

I'm spending my Tuesday at home preparing for surgery tomorrow. It's the same as a colonoscopy prep, so it's a day of clear liquids mixed with a special blend of colon-cleanse 2000 and a lot of time in the bathroom. Goooood times. While I hang out and watch TV, I get to watch the trees blowing over in 100 mph wind gusts. Lots of rain and wind today with no signs of an end until Friday. So far my only bit of excitement has been C. stopping by to drop off a potty booster seat so that I don't have to stress my stomach muscles as much for the first week.
With some flame decals and handle bar streamers I'll really be stylin'!

It's lunch time so I'm taking a break from my peppermint tea and having a steaming bowl of top ramen broth (with no noodles). I learned last time how tasteless regular chicken broth is so I made sure to stock up on some top ramen instead.

I'm watching the local news and they're talking about how many people are without power right now. Surprisingly nobody in Chico, but about 1,600 in surrounding towns. They're telling us that the rain and wind from this storm (3rd out of 5 consecutive ones coming) is mainly over, but tomorrow's 4th storm will be the strongest so far in the morning and afternoon. Perfect. I get to hobble home in a monsoon.

No comments: