Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year's!

Last night was our first time out as big kids for New Year's Eve. We went over to Nash's restaurant around 6:30 for a 7:00 pm wedding. There was assigned seating, but luckily we were assigned to the same table as other work people.
First we thought we had the worse seat in the house, being the table furthest from the ceremony, but then we realized that A.) we were closest to the door where the wedding party came out of so we got to see the bride, our friend, before anybody else and B.) we were closest to the bar and bathrooms.
The cake was beautiful and I believe from the Upper Crust.
After the ceremony, we had some time to enjoy the complementary wine on the table, until our table was released for the buffet. Nash's head chef did all the cooking and it was fantastic. There were rolls, creamed mushrooms, asparagus, caesar salad, wild rice, ahi tuna, chicken in a creamy mushroom and artichoke heart sauce, raviolis, and prime rib. The Canadian even went back for seconds.
During the meal, the wedding party made their rounds saying hello to all the guests. All of us townies got in together for a group photo with the bride. All except the photo crasher in the red on the right. We have no idea who she is, or why she's in the photo.
The rest of the evening we spent drinking and dancing. Except for me, I was the DD. So I stuck with Diet Coke on the rocks. Kari and I also got in some good gossip regarding the interesting array of drunk guests.
"Oh my God, check out that dress! Could it be any shorter??"

As it got closer to midnight the staff passed out festive headgear for the final countdown.
"Heeeey...purdy ladyyyyy......."

Hopped up on all the sugar from the wedding cake and lots of soda, I managed to make it to midnight, awake and on my feet. 10..9...8..7..6...5....4...3...2...1...HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Shortly after midnight we packed up our stuff and said goodbye to the bride.
She'd forgot to tell people that they could take home the beautiful floral centerpieces that she'd put together so she let us have our pick from any of the tables. I grabbed a gorgeous red and white bouquet.
We didn't actually fall asleep until the very wee hours of the morning so today should be a riot. The Canadian only feels about 60% human today and I suspect I'm going to be taken a sudden and unplanned nap at some point in the afternoon when my lack of sleep catches up with me.

We're watching a TV movie with Tom Selleck where he's the police chief of a town called "Paradise". Coincidence?? Considering he owns property up in Magalia in real life and he was one of the story writers, it's pretty funny. Every time they say Paradise, I crack up. We're apparently starting the New Year with some sweet made for TV movies.

No comments: