Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Grimace McGee

Well, the first week of recovery is over and I'm doing pretty well. Yesterday was a big milestone in that I was able to get off the couch all by myself. I don't hurt, really, my abdomen is just stiff when I stand from a sitting position which gives me the grimace face. One of my drains came out Monday and the other one will probably come out Thursday. That will make everything more comfortable while I spend my days and nights on the couch.
Got my remote, pillows, puke bucket, saltines and magazines. Other than that I've been spending my day drinking prune juice. Yuck.
With no stomach muscles to speak of, prune juice is my new best friend.

Pam (our receptionist from work) came and spent the afternoon with me today. Mum always gets me started with breakfast, then turns me over to my afternoon sitter. Pam brought yummy treats with her today. A cheesy potato chicken dish from a Mennonite cafe in town (who knew?) and a meatloaf from Holiday in P-town. We had the cheesy potato dish tonight and it was magically delicious.
The potatoes were in hashbrown form so it was creamy and easy to eat. I must seek out this Mennonite cafe for more delicious treats. Apparently it's out by the UPS distribution center off of Hegan Ln. I learn something new every day!

No comments: