Saturday, September 18, 2010

Almost famous

Last night we went over to Sierra Nevada to order a glass of our neighbor's home brew being served on tap. He'd won the local home brew competition and the chance to have his beer brewed at the brewery and served on tap for a limited time.
They name the home brew selection "Pro-Am" for professional amateur. The beer looked dark and mysterious and damn near put some chest hair on me it was so strong. I'm not a beer drinker so the best I could describe it as was a mix between antifreeze and nasal spray. In a 'what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger' kind of way. We of course had to tell the bartenders that we were Doug's neighbors, because we're big dorks like that. Amazingly, they weren't that impressed by that.

This morning I got busy putting together a crock pot of awesomeness for dinner tonight. I'm making another one of Face's recipes. This time for pulled pork. I had to do a little prep work this morning by searing the spiced up slab o' pork in a skillet before heating it up with some chicken broth.
Then you dump the whole kit and caboodle in the crock pot with a little extra water and let it do its thing for 8 hours on low. At the end you pull out the pork and shred it while reducing the sauce down on the stove to mix in with it. We're making tacos (with a mango salsa) with it tonight and maybe adding bbq sauce to it for sandwiches tomorrow. The house already smells fabulous and I'm willing to bet that the Canadian to going to go wild for this stuff.

We just got back from Wally World where I picked up some more photos so I can bust a move in my craft room. I printed some photos from our couples dinner, motorcycle trials event and from singing at church. If I get all of those done this weekend I shall feel like the most productive person on earth. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I just set myself up for failure.

2 comments:

kath said...

I HAVE A PORK ROAST IN THE CROCK POT RIGHT NOW...IT'S A GOOD RAINY DAY THING TO DO, SO WE'LL PROBABLY GET SOME MEXICAN MEALS AND MAYBE SOME BEAN SOUP OR CHILI FROM IT. YUMMM!

Lisa Dovichi said...

While you're crafting Mr. Grumpybutt needs a first year scrapbook like 3ft has, Auntie Nunan! :D