Friday, September 17, 2010

Retail therapy

Those brainwashing clothes whores over at New York & Company suckered me back into their store today with awesome coupons in the mail I couldn't refuse. After wandering around for an hour I settled on a handful of must-haves;
A brownish-gray stretch knit pencil skirt, three pairs of bootcut yoga pants (gray, brown and black), a peach cardigan full of pirate ruffles, and a gray camisole. The yoga pants will be perfect for lounging around the house after my next surgery because they're stretchy and super comfy.

Then when I got home and checked the mail....my new Silpada necklace had arrived!
Nestled amongst my pirate ruffles is a 32" long silver chain with varying sizes of CZ. I doubled the chain since 32" practically goes down to my ankles and love the way it looks. Go ahead, be jealous of my ridiculously overpriced jewelry, but remember it was your choice to spend your money on children instead. I prefer to spend my money on things that won't spit up on me, crash the family car, or require a pricey college education. Can I get an 'Amen'?

3 comments:

kath said...

I wore my Silpada necklace (the "Daughter-in-Law special")over to grocery shop...nothing like having a fabulous piece of jewelry to pair with your everyday jeans outfits, giving them an extra special look...well, got a shout-out from a young lady across the parking lot, "I love your necklace!" Good stuff!

Susana & Chris said...

I love that stuff. I have the new catalog sitting next to me on the couch constantly begging to be perused.

Lisa Dovichi said...

But where's the fun if it doesn't spit up?