Sunday, September 26, 2010

Baked goods

Sunday mornings I always wake up an extra half an hour early so that I have time to sit and read the Sunday paper (and ads) before church. This morning, however, I decided to take the show on the road and enjoy a little newspaper action with a fresh scone from the Upper Crust. It is so fabulously empty on the streets at 7:00 am on a Sunday.
After church we hung out at home for most of the afternoon. We did head out for a mid-afternoon walk and enjoyed some of the on-going aerial acrobatics at the air show being held at the Chico airport all weekend long. We live so close to the airport that everyone in the immediate neighborhood was standing out in their front yards (and on their roofs) watching the Canadian Snow Birds doing some five plane stunts. I also spent some more time in my craft room finishing up two more pages. One layout is from on online class I took and the other is from a scrapbook supply website.
I'd been holding on to a baking recipe this week to make today so that I could take the leftovers to work tomorrow. Just some easy, mini chocolate chip pumpkin muffins.
We'd better quit taste testing them or there aren't going to be any left to take to work tomorrow!

1 comment:

Lisa Dovichi said...

Hey I vaguely remember that stretch of road. It's been forever since I've been to Chico.

Someone should invite me to visit so I can get some La Comida. LOL