Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Bounty of bread

When I got home today I found a much anticipated package waiting for me on the kitchen counter. I'd won my friend Face's drawing for having a baked treat of my choosing sent to me and had chose her homemade cinnamon bread.
Sweet baby Jesus, it was so freaking incredible. She'd split the batter into two mini loaves and added cranberries to one for grins and giggles.
Nom, nom. nom....

One of the best parts about Chris and my jobs is that occasionally we get to work together on projects in town. Yesterday I needed to do a final landscaping inspection at the new Rite Aid and Chris needed to go up and help fix a problem with their septic system so we coordinated our inspections so that Chris could come pick me up at my office and we could go over together. I was done in about two minutes, but Chris got the distinct pleasure of crawling around on the hot asphalt and playing with the poop pipes.
Being a poop engineer is not as glamorous as one would think.

As a parting thought, here's some of the best advice I received today courtesy of Dove;
I agree, shopping does make everything better!

2 comments:

Lisa Dovichi said...

OOooooo it swirled so pretty! I'm going to have to make me some with the cranberries in it now. I think the mini loaves are the way to go too. They're so much more cuter than a big loaf. :D

I'm so glad you liked them. Are you taking the rest to work tomorrow? ;)

Susana & Chris said...

F no! They get nothing and like it! I actually let my co-worker smell the slice I brought to snack on, but I most certainly did NOT offer to share it. The cranberries are the bomb!