Saturday, September 18, 2010

Pork-tastic

About 7 hours into my 8 hour pulled pork crock pot extravaganza I pulled the slab out to check it and found it just falling apart at the touch of a fork.
While I shredded the pork, I poured the juices into a pan and boiled it for about 7-8 minutes, reducing it by about a third before dumping the shredded pork back into it. Then we assembled some tacos with corn tortillas, pork, and a mango salsa (mango, red bell pepper, green onion, cilantro, jalapeno and lime juice). Besides the typical issue of the corn tortillas breaking, it was a super tasty meal.
I had juice dripping down my chin and both my hands were covered in it, but it was well worth it! Excellent recipe, Face!

After scarfing down my tacos, I went and finished up a scrapbooking page I had started before getting sucked into watching Wall-E on the Disney channel. I love that movie. Anyway, I finally finished up my first page of the weekend.
Only three more to go...

1 comment:

Lisa Dovichi said...

Hooray!! I'm so glad you loved the recipe. We did too. I'm going to have to make it again pretty soon. :D