Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day baking

I've been promising Chris that I'd make some zucchini bread with the zucchini from our garden and finally I got off my keister and whipped up some baked delights today. Instead of a loaf of bread though, I found a recipe for muffins. That way I could make a few for Chris without nuts and I could make the rest the normal, overwhelmingly traditional way WITH nuts.
It made 12 regular sized muffins with enough batter left over to sneak out 8 mini muffins. I'll take the big ones to work and keep the little bite sized ones for me!

Our other big score for the weekend was a new fiber bed. My mom got us a feather bed a couple of years ago, but the time has finally come for its retirement.
I suspect it will do a better job once out of the bag, but at our speed that could take another week or so!

1 comment:

Lisa Dovichi said...

I was going to say it doesn't look nearly long enough for the Canadian. He's pretty tall. You, on the other hand, could curl up on it quite nicely. (The benefits of being one of the Munchkins, eh?)