Sunday, October 10, 2010

10-10-10

Yeah, you know you wish you had a cool birthday like 10-10-10, too. Today was the big 3-3 for me which was pretty low key and uneventful. Just the way I like it. It was my Sunday to sing at church today and during the announcements my birthday was mentioned so everybody in the congregation gave me a big 'happy birthday' and applause. That was nice. After church I came home to my beautiful new present from my darling husband;
A fancy pants sewing machine full of a million stitches for me to use on my scrapbooking projects. I don't sew, nor do I plan to, I just want to add a little extra something to my homemade cards. Unfortunately this lovely beast did not come fully assembled (or even with any string - WTF?), but Chris saddled up and eventually got it running.
In addition to my sewing machine I got a super cute scrapbooking kit from my sister, Jessica.
I love, love, love the papers (lots of glitter) and the letter stickers. I already picked out one of the papers to use for my birthday layout.

My birthday dinner turned into a birthday lunch since we were out running errands and getting hungry like the wolf. This year I chose La Hacienda for their fiesta salad with the super secret house dressing.
It's spanish rice, pinto beans, cheese, a mountain of lettuce, tomatoes and avocado in a fried tortilla shell. Then you douse it all in the house pink sauce which is like a vinegary thousand island sauce. I could eat it straight out of the bottle. It's a family secret and they won't let loose of the recipe, not even to Bon Appetit, but as long as they're willing to share some with me on my birthday then I'm happy.

3 comments:

Lisa Dovichi said...

Happy Birthday, Nunan!!!!

Did you get my present yet?

Susana & Chris said...

If you mean your undying love and adoration, then yes. If you're talking about the new car, then no.

Lisa Dovichi said...

You haven't gotten the car yet? I bet your mailperson stole it!

Maybe it'll show up today.