Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Birthdays - Canadian style

Today the old man turned 36 and we celebrated by both taking the day off from work. We started off the morning by opening presents and eating a birthday breakfast from Burger King.
The birthday fairies (me and my mom) brought him a Phil Collins CD, some Ken Follett books on tape, an argyle zip up sweater, two beer t-shirts (from Shmaltz & Stone breweries), and a variety six pack of beer. After my doctor's appointment we headed down the hill to Oroville to check our their new brewery, Western Pacific, for lunch. The menu was pretty limited between sandwiches and hamburgers, but it was good. The most anticipated part however, was the beer sampler.
Overall Chris really enjoyed the beers and we might need to make another trip back to try something off their appetizer menu which we seemed to have missed seeing this time. After lunch we wandered around downtown checking out some of the cute little shops. I found a clothing store that I scored a dress and some tank tops in. Trendy clothes for a really good price. I'd actually make a special trip back just to visit that store. We eventually made our way back home around 4:30 pm just in time to find a box of goodies sitting by the front door from the mailman. Seeing who the sender was I ripped it open to find...
Baked birthday delights from Face!! Pumpkin scones, cranberry orange scones, chocolate dipped macaroons, a mini cinnamon swirl loaf, and a triple chocolate brownie. I immediately stole a macaroon to accompany my heated up cup of coffee and nearly died from its goodness. These were to replace the scones she'd previously mailed me for my birthday, but were apparently stolen by disgruntled postal workers. Now, instead of just one variety, I got five! Do yourself a favor and befriend a baker!

3 comments:

Gini Koch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa Dovichi said...

Sorry, that other comment was from me but I'd forgotten to log out of a client's account.. Oops.. LOL

That "brownie" is actually four brownies, Missy. So you need to cut that bad boy into fours. I shipped it in a big block in hopes that it wouldn't get to beat up on it's journey.

All of it are my own personal healthier recipes to their fattier counterparts so you can eat them guilt free without fearing they'll go straight to their thighs, well, unless you eat it all in one sitting and then I can't be held responsible. ;)

I'm so glad this package actually was delivered to your house. It really did work out better for you that the first one got stolen because you got way more treats!

Happy Birthday, Methuselah! Tell the Canadian, happy birthday too!

kath said...

We figured you were"out of town" for Chris' B-day. We never did make it to Western Pacific or to downtown Oroville. Too bad! They even have a dance floor!