Friday, November 19, 2010

Doctor visit

I had an early morning appointment with my surgeon this morning to check if my non-dissolving stitches were ready to be taken out. When Chris reminded him why we were there, after he was ready to dismiss us, he had the nurse come in and take out three stitches on each side. All the stitches I'd been eyeballing were apparently the dissolving type and were left in so it wasn't nearly as dramatic as I thought it'd be. He told me to stay in my garment for at least another week and then do whatever makes me comfortable. Leave it on for another week or two, switch to some kind of spandex legging or just free ball it. I told him that as long as my legs were swollen and touching each other I'd probably wear the garment because it protects the stitches and tape from each other. I don't go back now for another three weeks for him to check my progress.

My big plans for today included baking some cookies, just because I had all the ingredients (and they were my favorite from last Christmas).
Chai snickerdoodles. They're rolled in a mixture of sugar, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and cardamon. I finished them just in time for a visit from my co-worker, Kari, who brought me a peppermint mocha from Starbucks which was perfect to wash them down with. Good stuff, Maynard.

I didn't do any scrapbooking today because I'm down to my last four events before being totally caught up and with two more weeks off from work I need to pace myself. I did my last page last night which wasn't really for any event in particular, just a page about Chris and I.
I used papers and embellishments from my Studio Calico kit and completely scrap-lifted the layout from one of the Studio Calico designers. I love that they use the same materials from the monthly kits we get in the mail so I can see lots of great ideas to do with mine.

No big plans for the weekend, other than making fun of those fools up the hill in P-town who are going to get hammered with snow. Ha! We're currently out of movies, so hopefully some more show up in the mail tomorrow. The last group we watched were Ghost Writer (loved it), Wolfman (only Chris watched it), and It's Complicated (mortified me). Chris is in charge of the queue and doesn't remember what he's got lined up next so I guess it'll be a surprise!

No comments: