Saturday, November 13, 2010

Hitting the wall

Other than getting up to do the dishes or to tinkle, you'll find me cooling my heals here;
While I was kicking ass the day of my surgery and the following day, Friday started to catch up with me. I was hurting, the pain pills were making me nauseous, my gastroparesis starting acting up and I'm only able to eat a bite or two of each meal before getting full, and I slept - a lot. I don't have high hopes for today either. After my 4:00 am pill popping I didn't get back to sleep well and finally got up at 7:00 am because my stomach was rolling and I had a headache. As soon as Chris showed his face this morning I made him fetch me a cookie for breakfast to calm my tummy. I would gladly take stinging stitches over upset tummy any day. Hopefully I'll feel more human after my shower this morning. A hot shower and some hot peppermint tea could be just what I need.

1 comment:

Lisa Dovichi said...

Ugh, no fun. Poor baby. I'd take any kind of pain over upset tummy. Nauseousness is the WORSE. Feel better, Shoe!

Do you need some cranberry scones to make it all better? Or maybe some chocolate marbled banana bread or another loaf of Honey Cinnamon Swirled Cinnamon Bread? Or some gingerbread cookies iced with cinnamon or peppermint icing?