Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Greetings from the couch

This morning was my much anticipated leg surgery. Chris dropped me off at 7:30 am and I think I came home sometime in the one o'clock hour. This was 100 billion times easier than my first surgery. I can get up on my own, as long as Chris moves the ottoman out for me first, and I can walk pretty normal and I don't hurt. It's just a little stinging on the incisions. Best of all, I got another sweet compression suit to wear.
They had to remove so much tissue that I ended up with two drains again, but this time they're hooked to my ankles and the tubes are being head steady in my garment so I won't bump them like last time.

I've been napping on and off today, but nothing like last time. My friend Lulu, who lives down the street, stopped by and brought lots of food for us.
Chicken and rice casseroles and soups, plus some pot pies for Chris. And of course a container of desserts - Lulu is a trained baker. I had some of the soup for dinner and it was perfect. She kept everything pretty bland in case my stomach was queasy from all the drugs, which it was. With all the pre-shopping we did and all of Lulu's food, I think we'll be set for a couple of weeks!

We go back to the doctor in the morning so he can change all the football padding I've got stuffed in my garment and he can check the drains. I already warned Chris not to ask me to look at the incisions when they're exposed because it grosses me out and I try to pass out every time. Maybe I'll be ready to look in 6 months. Maybe.

2 comments:

Lisa Dovichi said...

Oh. My. Bob. I'm so jealous I want those compression pants in the worse possible way.

I'm glad it hurts less than the last time. And awesome for being able to get up on your own. There's nothing worse than gut incisions. You don't realize how much you use your stomach muscles until they hurt. Having had two C-sections I fully KNOW all about it.

kath said...

CUTE JODHPURS! YOU'LL BE UP IN THE SADDLE AND POSTING IN NO TIME! JUST NEED SOME RIDING BOOTS TO COMPLETE THE ENSEMBLE. TALLY HO!