Saturday, July 3, 2010

Vegetable bounty

Yesterday Chris texted me in the afternoon to remind me to go out to the garden and check our ever growing zucchini. We wanted to pick it before it got the bad idea to die on us like all the other vegetables. It's by far the biggest vegetable we've ever grown.
We could probably use it as a door stop. I'm leaving the fate of the zucchini up to Chris. We'll have it tomorrow night with out bbq'd kielbasa rolls.

Today we finally went back to OSH to return our dead lemon tree. If you save the receipt, they have a lifetime warranty on all their plants. We didn't replace it for another lemon because we inherited Mum's Meyers lemon when they moved. Instead we chose a seedless lime.
I'm sure Chris has got a beer or two that would benefit from a lime wedge.

When we got home I pulled out a new treat I picked up at the Starbucks kiosk in Safeway yesterday. Instant iced coffee.
It comes slightly sweetened, and with a little half and half, makes a delicious afternoon drink.

I finished another scrapbook page last night. This one about Gold Nugget Days back in April. You can't tell from the photo, but the butterflies in the upper left hand side are raised on foam squares for a little dimension. And the rest of the title is in white alphabet stickers hence why you can only clearly see the word 'gold'.
Last month I had bought a scrapbooking kit of papers and embellishments from Studio Calico (that's what the background paper is from). It was such an awesome kit that I signed up to keep receiving the monthly kits. It makes it so easy to put together my pages without having to drive to the local scrapbook store and ponder over rows and rows of paper. I use what I get in the kit and I love the finished products. The July kit will be on it's way shortly. Can't wait!

1 comment:

kath said...

I've tried the regular VIA for ice coffee, but didn't know about the iced version. I'll have to get some next time I go to town.